Monday, September 26, 2011

Gramma's Pillow


Hello, and yes...I have been working on the Hallow's Eve quilt blocks, have no fear! I will post new pics soon of the most recent ones, and only two blocks to go!

However, I have postponed that work to finish a project that has been very near my heart, and could no longer wait. It was time to make my gramma's pillow. She has been in and out of the hospital, and is stabilized now, but it has been a difficult road most recently. The call went out from her daughters to her friends and family, that the time to make a trip to see her was at hand.

I'm on my way down to Defuniak Springs tomorrow, with my son in tow. And her pillow. Below are the pictures I just took, pre-wash, and will supply more once I'm able to hand it over to her.


Above is the main block, created four times. Love them chickens, I hope they make her smile they like they make me smile!


Personalized with a tag, written in Pigma Permanant Pen.


I saw this as the 'secret heart' of the pillow, as it shows the back of my blanket stitched applique-- and won't easily be seen as it is inside the pillow case. Here it is in detail, front side up. I love you grandma, hope you're feeling fine...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment