Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Blues

It's just been brutally hot! Everywhere, not just here on the east coast, but really, can't wait for that first taste of fall. Now that it's August, it should be here soon...

Working on a bargello quilt design which I will post photos of shortly. I'm a little scared of the way you have to sew a tube, and then cut the strips from that, etc. Hard to find a good tutorial, and the written explanation has left me scratching my head without adequate pictures. Still, worst-case-scenario, I will have beautiful blue and peach/biege strip quilt cushion covers for my throw pillows. I can handle that. :)

And for the moment of the day, just had three crows walking around my overgrown backyard, picking at things in the grass, while I cut up rose hips to try my hand at some infused tea. It smells wonderful. What a bewitching slice of time, gazing at crows and preparing rosehips! Perhaps this will be a potion of courage for this quilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment