Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crochet Lined Daisy Handbag

Okay, so I have taught someone else the joy of crocheting: my sister-in-law. And while teaching her, I was bit with the bug to work on something myself. She started, as I did, with granny squares, and here I have taken them to a sweet new level, having seen this square pattern on Pinterest. I did alter it, however, as my yarn is a bit thicker than the original, I think.


I started out making a pillow, but changed my mind as a friend's birthday loomed on the horizon. She had knitted me a couple of very sweet scarves, and has been regaling me with how she loves knitting with her group. I therefore set out to make her a tote that she can carry some yarn and knitting tools in. 

This is the back:


Here is a peek inside at the liner which I hand-sewed in place. 



I wanted the colors of the fabric to be fun, summery, and to echo the colors of the outside. The pockets were made to fit knitting needles, etc, while the rest is open for maximum yarn storage. 

I adored making this bag, and will be making more to sell on Etsy soon... 








No comments:

Post a Comment