Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ever After High Re-Paint, Re-Done!

A new commission, and a new form of art.

I couldn't be happier with the re-paint of this Ever After High Doll! Just finished it for my Aunt, commissioned by my mom, and she has turned into such a sweet thing. 

I took the factory face paint off with non-acetone nail polish remover, and worked on her new face with pastels, water color pencils, acrylic paints, and sealed her multiple times with Mr. Super Clear Flat spray fixative. 




I then went to work on making her dress, a custom crocheted shawl, and felt Mary Jane shoes. She's holding a small Bible, also, in keeping with the theme. The clothing is getting a little bit easier to make, but is still fussy! The shoes were my first attempt with a technique I learned about on YouTube, by MyFroggyStuff. I combined some of her tricks and added a bit of my own, and am pleased with the way the felt melds with her pre-formed feet, which are factory made to fit into extreme high heels, as per the normal attire for these dolls. 






One of the most exciting things I've made for someone! I'm gonna go work on my own Monster High re-paint now... Just what I needed. A new hobby. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment