Thursday, May 22, 2014

Harry Potter Potions, Candles and Oddities

 I've been taking Potions, but of a different kind than the one Snape teaches. Although I wouldn't mind...
Ah, anyway! Yes, I have been dabbling a bit in the miniature potions bottles! From Left to Right; Dragon embryo suspended, Gillyweed, Dragonshade (a mix of my own, not in the books), a candle on a holder, Felix Felicus, a trio of candles like the one on top of the dragon embryo jar (which is not attached), and a second bottle of Gillyweed.

Felix Felicus, or Liquid Luck, was a shiny golden swirling potion, and the Gillyweed is a combination of food coloring in clear glue, and a snippet of moss that falls from my tree outside from time to time during a storm. 


A quarter for size reference-- pretty small, and just so cool! Will be making more over the next few days, and will post progress. Hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed making them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment