Monday, September 12, 2011

All Hallow's Eve Harmony Blocks



Just zipping along with the blocks this past week, and by 'zipping', I mean, cutting and ironing and drawing and planning and miscalculating... Apparently I have a process and it involves lots of all of the above before I even stitch a square. BUT! Below you can see the first block of the upper left-hand corner FINISHED! I'm so glad, too. I am having to cut down the 'solid' squares as I go, as they no longer measure 3 1/2 inches once joined as triangles in the middle, but I would rather trim down then start all over again. Any day. :)

My original sketch with the 'color coded' shaded in and labelled to make sure that there would be some sense in fabric placement:



And so now I am off to sew up the pieces of my 2nd block, shown here next to the first. They look very different, but if my drawing serves me right, it will all make sense in the end.



Lastly... LOOK! This fabulous backing fabric was found SO close to my home, I cannot tell you how excited I was to finally find RED HEN FABRICS! It's a perfect match, and beats the other one I had picked out. If this quilt gets used and doesn't get hung on the wall, this backing will be soft, not to mention how well it matches the front colors.



If you are in the Marietta/Georgia area, please check out Red Hen! I met Nancy and Helena there, and they were extremely warm and informative-- it was such a pleasure to meet those ladies! They have a booth in the Cobb County Quilter's Guild Show next weekend, and I am extremely stoked about going, and seeing their booth there! I will, of course, post pictures of the show. :D Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment