Saturday, September 17, 2011

East Cobb Quilt Guild Show


Lovely.
Transfixing.
Mesmerizing.
Not to mention overwhelming. 8-)

Mmmmm... aisles of quilts and vendors for days! I LOVE the quilt show when it comes to Marietta! But there were so many quilts to look at and admire and oooo and ahhh over! I took photos of the ones that stood out to me, personally, and want to post them, but will do so in digestible increments. The above quilter is one of the big winners, and I can see why. Every square has loving detail, be it in embroidery or in her skill with patchwork. Nothing lacks for workmanship and detail. I stood gazing at this for a long, long while.



Here are a few of my other favorite things:


I loved the name, 'Thistles in Jail', and was really enamored with her hand-applique. Just phenomenal!


It is incredible to see that such exact accuracy exists in the world of quilt piecing. Makes me want to rip a few seams of my own out and try it again.


The samplers really appeal to me! I love the variety, and how one pattern won't wear you down with repetitiveness. This was handsomely done! Might grab a few of these blocks myself...


I just loved the biological feel to this, like I was looking at an artistic rendition of something on a cellular level. Too cool.


And finally for this intallment, this insane hand-appliqued gazebo. It was a wedding quilt, I believe, but the level of detail was just jaw-dropping. SO MANY STITCHES!!!

My respect and admiration to the many quilt artisans who contributed to the show...I bow before your skillz!

No comments:

Post a Comment