Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween!


It is right around the corner, and I can smell it in the air outside, hear it in the crunch of leaves underfoot, and taste it in the pre-opened bag of candy we have been nibbling on. HALLOWEEN!!!

Okay, so I didn't finish the 'All Hallow's Eve Harmony' quilt that I was working on before getting the table runners ready for my mom's charity event. Despite the delay, I will soon be working on it with RELISH! In the meantime, for a fall treat, I give you photos of the smaller table runner I sent for the raffle along with the larger Harvest runner from before.


The fabric is wonderful, a purchase from Red Hen Fabrics, and the original was made by a lady who works there named Alta- a lovely, helpful person who taught a paper piecing class I took. She hooked me up with the right amount of fabrics and VOILA! A fully reversible, lovely little piece that fits neatly on any table!


And the lovely back...



I was happy to use the branch-looking specialty stitch on my machine for the purple solid lines, and was introduced to SULKY variegated thread. At first, I wasn't sure it would work right as the thread is a bit thicker than the usual thread I use, but it worked like a DREAM! And the colors are incredible! The Sulky thread is pricier, but so, so, so worth it, in my opinion.

A fantastic experience, and a FAST project! I'll be sure to put smaller whole-piece table runners on my new Etsy site that will be up within the week. I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment