Friday, October 21, 2011

Harvest Table Runner



Looking at this in place on my own table (which is NOT a nicely finished table--it's a working sewing/crafting/painting table) I can almost smell a turkey in the oven. Mmmmm...ahhhh...Thanksgiving is upon us!


The center nine-patch squares are straight-stitched, in the ditch and also diagonally.

A true stretch for me: pointed on each end with 30 degree angles!


I've made this table runner for a charity that my mom is putting together, and this item will be up for grabs at a raffle. It is VERY long for a runner, I think, measuring approx. 2' X 6'8", but that is to accommodate the usually lengthy family dining tables of the deep south-- which is where the charity is being held. I'm going to make a smaller one, that can be used during any time of the year, with just a hint of fall flavor to it, but is not pieced which will allow me to assemble it in less time. This runner took me about... oh... three weeks? But could have been done in about a week and a half if so many other things had not interrupted the process. Still, it's finished on time for the function, and will be shipped next week, once I get the other one done.

Working with these colors has really geared me up for cooking on Thanksgiving! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment