Friday, May 4, 2012

Applique Tomato


I told you I would be working on something soon! :)
I have thoroughly enjoyed delving into applique again, after messing with the goat from the previous posts. I realize now, after purchasing two smaller embroidery hoops, that the size of the hoop used with the goat is too large. I use the 'needle turning' technique, and need to be able to press the edge with my finger as I go. I'll be putting the goat in a smaller hoop soon... but until then, I had fun here with this sweet lil' tomato, and also with embroidering the stem and leaves. I was going to applique those, too, but didn't want it to look like an apple and so went with this instead. 


The wonderful fabric with the veggies all over it was purchased while my best friend, Erica, was in town with her daughter. I'll have that memory with me every time I use this bag now. :)

More pics to come, hopefully of a finished purse! 


No comments:

Post a Comment