Friday, May 4, 2012

Finished Tomato Purse


The 'Tomato Purse' is done! All-in-all, I recalled many techniques I had learned previously making little zip-up hand totes and just added straps to it.


The initial peek inside reveals a darker lining that sets off the colors incorporated in the front, including that deep coral. I wanted to make the pocket a fun surprise once you look inside! Note the jump-ring pull on the zipper-- first time I've used that, and I love the way it looks. 

                                                                                                               
       
Also got to add a place to latch on keys with a sewn band around one of the straps. 



Pocket inside the bag, the outer part above, and below the inside lining. 


Anyway, excited about the new purse, excited to use it. I have a cold right now, which has given me the perfect excuse to stay in and sew today. Perhaps I'll have to make the excuse even when I'm not sick. Despite some of the mistakes I made with it, it turned out well, and I am excited to try my hand at a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment