Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Fast Approaching

It's the same for me, every year. I thought to myself, 'Hmm, I'll get mom a card, send it to her and that'll be that...' but then the time comes closer, and I haven't found a card that I really like so I think, 'Hmm, I'll make mom a card. Yeah, that's better anyway...' And then my idea from a card, though sometimes does only STAY being a card, can blossom into something completely different.

So today I started a little art quilt for her. :)

I know, it's late, the hour draws near, time is of the essence, etc. Thankfully, I think I can get it done tomorrow and in the mail to her by the afternoon, and as she lives only in the next state, it will very well reach her by Saturday. But if it misses... well, she's my mom, and she's known me for a long while now. If anyone understands my last-minute muse-strikes, it's her.


My first attempts, (other than a few practice swatches) at free motion quilting with 'The Big Foot' free motion foot that I found to fit my machine. It's a bit harder than it looks, but man is it fun! I like the sketchy appeal of it, and the freedom. 


Now all I have to do is bind it, write on it a little, give it a string to hang from in the back, and pop it in the mail... More pictures to come when I finish it. It's only approx. 8" X 10", by the way, so truly is a small little artsy quilty thing. I'm in love with it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment