Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthday WIP


I have pulled this quilt (slightly smaller than a twin, larger than a throw) off the hoop, and have been working to machine-quilt it to the end, to be able to present it to my son who is turning 13 in seven days. He's watched me working on it for about four or five years, and we both know... it's time. PAST time.

I had grand ideas of hand-quilting the entire blanket, which sports a 'TriForce' symbol, indicative of the Legend of Zelda video game series-- a series he and I have shared since he was a very little boy. But alas, given the size of the project, I only hand-quilted the center blue triangle (detailed photos to come) and found it extremely difficult to pick it up enough over the course of time to believe I could hand-quilt the entire thing before my son turned 30. Or maybe even 50. It has pained me to know that it's been incomplete for so long, as he watches my many other projects come and go through the sewing machine. So I have turned my focus sharply upon getting this finished, with the new-found skills I have only recently been using for machine-quilting.

I'll keep the blog updated as it is such a dramatic race against time. Here in my head, at any rate. Time to thread that golden bobbin...

No comments:

Post a Comment